The Contemporary Gallery Program at The Art House
The Art House Gallery offers guidance and representation through its Contemporary Program on an application-only basis. Applications are reviewed quarterly by a panel of contemporary artists. Both emerging and established artists worldwide are invited to apply. Fine artists working in any medium and at any scale are eligible. Applications are competitive; a select number of applicants will be invited to interview with the review panel.
Accepted artists engage in a year long interactive program, renewable through a formal re-application every 12 months. The Contemporary Gallery Program is comprised of the following factors:
- Full artist profile and unlimited number of curated works on Artsy.net, one of the top 10 international art collector websites. The Art House underwent a rigorous application process to be accepted as a gallery partner with Artsy and have sold numerous works nationwide through this venue, including to collectors in New York City.
- Equal participation in a group exhibition located in Chicago's Avondale neighborhood, an emerging epicenter for galleries, theater and restaurants. Next exhibit occurs during the summer of 2018 and includes collaboration on marketing and installation, and a published press release/opening reception review;
- 100% profit of online and in-person sales, plus actual shipping costs when applicable (shipping is the responsibility of the artist), with all communication and sales professionally facilitated through the gallery. Buyer info provided directly to artist to include in their individual mailing list.
- Inclusion on The Art House Gallery Artists page on thearthouse.us website on Instagram @thearthousegallery with links to your social media/website.
- One monthly pre-paid, 3-hour, in-person or video conference session with The Art House Director, Rebecca George. Content is tailored to the artist's current priorities and can range from technical and material support/critique to professional development strategy implementation. Effective representation to collectors internationally comes from an up-to-date and insightful understanding of each artist's work. Participation in one monthly session with artist and gallery owner Rebecca George empowers accurate and meaningful representation of your work to online and local collectors who comprise the gallery's 7 year mailing list. Rebecca George is currently active as an adjunct faculty in the fine arts at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago and professional development in Business for Artists at University of Chicago, as well as maintaining an intensive studio and exhibition practice.
- Program acceptance represents a 12 month commitment between the gallery and the artist. Program fee is $450 per month, due on or before the 1st of each calendar month during the program duration. Program fee details: Individual sessions are $100 per hour x 3; $130 is applied toward the overall total for the actual monthly subscription fees for Artsy and $20 monthly contributes to the physical gallery space/marketing materials/promotion for the summer exhibition in Chicago, IL at The Art House. These represent the actual costs for all contributing artists accepted in the program.
Participate in the Contemporary Gallery Program at The Art House and become a part of an innovative paradigm shift that empowers emerging artists through studio work, a community of peers and professional development. The Art House removes the middle man by putting artist's work directly in front of collectors without taking a commission and supporting individuals through community and building self-sufficient careers as artists.
Deadline January 31, 2018
Questions? Contact Rebecca George, Director